Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Dream Threads

My dreams tend to revolve around going on a big adventure. Yesterday morning, I woke up in a deep sweat with my hair sticking to the now slightly damp pillow. Memories from the previous night’s dream rushed through my mind as I tried to piece it all together. There was a big mountain, and roaring river, and somewhere in there a flying tiger. The more I thought about it, the more confused I became. The first thing I remembered was hiking up a huge mountain in Arizona with two of my good friends. Despite it being a dream, I could feel my lungs start to burn as I tried to control my breathing while hiking up this ginormous mountain. Next thing I knew, I was diving down head first and landed in a river that was super intense. If I was looking from a bird’s eye view, I would’ve thought anyone to enter those strong waves of water, rushing past and swallowing everything in its path, would be done. They would stand no chance. Somehow I just stayed calm and floated on my back, as I took the exhilarating trip down the stream. An excited laugh escaped my lips from a mixture of both delight and slight terror. As soon I approached a large waterfall, I noticed something coming closer and closer in the sky. Next thing I knew I was running through the forest from a flying tiger that looked extremely vicious. That’s when I decided to be done dreaming for the night and finally escape from the threatening tiger. If a dream ever gets too scary, I just close my eyes and tell myself to wake up.

2 comments:

  1. The flying tiger is such a random addition to the scene--that's just how dreams go! Something that doesn't fit at all shows up like it's no big deal.

    ReplyDelete