Friday, September 19, 2014

Writer's As Readers


1.      Whenever I read, I just prefer to have my own space. Whether it be curled up on the couch or in the back corner of my room. I just like to be by myself so other people aren’t distracting me, and I can fully get into the book. Also, I prefer to be as comfortable as possible. Such as wearing a long sleeve t-shirt, sweatshirt, sweat pants, whatever it is as well as wrapped in a larger, soft blanket. I can still read if I’m in something like jeans but I just wouldn’t enjoy it as much. And finally, I like to listen to music. I used to hate it, but ever since I read the Lovely Bones on a road trip, and used headphones to block everything out, it has become a necessity. That way the real world is completely blocked out and I can give the book my full attention. 

2.      Genres that interest include romance and mystery. The same goes with movies. I like romance because it makes me happy and it gets me the most attached to the characters. The entire time throughout the book I’m excited to see where the couple are going to go next and it has me rooting for them from the very beginning. In the sort of way I like knowing what I want, and for the most part know what’s going to happen. With mystery, I like it because I don’t know what is going to happen. It keeps me turning the pages and never wanting to put it down, so I can finally find out what is going on behind the scenes and what truly happened.

5.  There has been lots of books that I’ve loved so much that I couldn’t put it down. Back in middle school I used to read all the time and there were tons of books that I could finish in a day. When I first started reading the Pretty Little Liars series, that’s all I did with my life it seemed like. Every chance I got, I’d pick up the book and not want to put it down. The chapters switch to a different one of the four girls, and always ends with a cliffhanger, making you want to skip to their next chapter, but then you realize you’re going to see what happens next with a different girl and making you anxious to finally find out what happened there.

8. Going along with number 5, the Pretty Little Liars series is my favorite series I’ve ever read. I haven’t read too many series, but this is by far my favorite. I’m currently on book 13 I think (pretty sure I lost count), but I still have the desire to read and find out what happens. I’ve watched every episode of the television show too, but I have to say the books are better. The show has totally branched off on its own, so I no longer can tell what is going to happen next, but I have enjoyed the story line from the books better. They seem a lot more realistic and they are just a lot of fun to read.

9. When I finished reading “My Life Next Door”, I was happy because the two main characters finally just gave up everything else keeping them apart and were able to be together. It was a romance novel, but a teenage romance. I don’t remember the girls name because I read it in freshman year, but I remember every detail about Jase. If it’s possible to have a crush on a character in a book, then I definitely had one on him. In the end, he finally forgave the girl and her family for something her dad did to his family, and then they were able to be together and it made me extremely happy.  

1 comment:

  1. I can see why you are drawn to these books! I am jealous that you can read on road trips--I get such a headache when I read in the car, but I'd love to be able to use all that time stuck there doing something I love. Thanks, Mackenzie!

    ReplyDelete