Sunday, September 21, 2014

Famous First And Last Lines

I write this sitting in the kitchen sink. There are plenty of empty rooms and bed throughout this now lonely house I could choose from. So many memories flood the air in this kitchen, though, that this seems to be the only logical place I’d be right now. Three years of fun and happiness. Messing around and just enjoying ourselves. All of the good memories were so quickly forgotten during three weeks of disagreeing. My roommate, best friend, and soul mate, gone. He threw everything away over some dumb things that are so unimportant that I can’t even remember what they were. All I remember was being my stubborn self and not letting him be right. I should’ve, just let him win the argument. Then maybe he would’ve stuck around. Besides, he is way more important to me than anything. Including my pride. I need to apologize and find a way to get things back to my dream life with just me and him. He was and still is my everything. I would do anything just to see his contagious smile, or hear his laugh that could cure cancer. I’m not sure how, or when, but I will find a way to fix this all. I’d much rather be cuddling up on the couch watching a movie, or making dinner together like we always did. Instead I’m sitting in the kitchen sink like an idiot trying to figure this all out. I need to do something, and I need to do something quick. Tomorrow, I’ll think of some way to get him back. After all, tomorrow is a new day.

2 comments:

  1. You fit these two lines together so well! And you captured the loneliness and nostalgia of a relationship that was once so fun but has come to a sad end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your narration - especially how you describe his "contagious smile" and "his laugh that could cure cancer." Its beautifully written and really comes across as nostalgic and melancholy.

    ReplyDelete