Sunday, September 21, 2014

Memorable Passage

"I want to be free Michael. Just for once in my whole life, I want to be free."

"You are free. You just don't know it yet."

In this section, the girl is talking about being free from her pimps, and everything from her past that has always found a way to catch up to her. Being with Michael is the first place she's ever had that is actually safe. The only times that her past comes back up is when she forces it to by thinking about it too much or not accepting forgiveness that is given to her by both Michael and God. At the time, she was starting to become a little more open minded to the thought of there being a God, but she still didn't believe that he could forgive her for everything she had done, because nothing had come to her that easily before in life. I love this line because sometimes its easy for me to forget that God will always love me and forgive me for everything, even when I don't deserve it.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! You finally got your blog to cooperate! I'm so sorry for all the frustration--I have no idea why it's doing that to you. I saw the book cover here and laughed, thinking about what you said about Josh duct taping over it! : ) I'll take a look at the rest of your posts soon, but I did go ahead and add points for you in the gradebook.

    ReplyDelete